Barclays Insurance Review - Car, Home, Travel

Sunday 8 September 2013

Many people have spoken to me about Barclays Insurance as one of the many options they have considered. First of all, I know for sure that they are one of the top financial brands in the UK with products targeted at personals, businesses as well as corporations. This means they have collected enough experience and profits to extend their service to almost everyone in the country.

What impressed me as soon as I landed onto their website was the ability to start an online chat. I asked a few questions regarding the different insurance options I could take out, and the operator I chatted with kindly gave me links to the corresponding information pages as well as helped me go through the process to get a quote. My time with them was quite pleasurable, actually.

Having gone through their home insurance page, I was surprised that up to 17.5% can be saved online. I was so stunned by this amount that I thought it was a typo. I spoke to the chat operator about it and was told that this number is actually an average and very often, it could go higher or lower. There are different plans that you can choose to also get fitted with buildings insurance and contents insurance as well.

There are currently three types of travel insurance offered by Barclays. The first was the annual multi-trip plan, the second was the single trip plan, and the third was the extended trip cover. You are able to save 20% if you purchase your policy online, which I thought was a very generous amount. However what interested me was their last insurance plan. I have rarely heard about Extended Trip Travel Insurance before and what I found out is that it is designed for trips that ranges between 61 and 365 days. Winter sports are also covered. I think this plan is a great innovative product when it comes to people that loves to travel. Oh, and did I mention there are also separate plans for student travels?

The common life insurance is also available to be purchased. The thing that may seem as a pity is that one of their plans is offered by Aviva. The other product known as Life Insurance for Mortgage Holders is great for people that want to make sure they are able to repay their debt.

If you are interested in other products by Barclays Insurance, they also offer:

  • Car insurance (no longer available, according to their website)
  • Student possessions insurance
  • Health Insurance
  • Business Insurance

Barclays Insurance has been rated 4.5 out of 5 by Insurance Reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Insurance Reviews | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates